Wondering what you, a teen with no cash but a lot of desire & energy, can do to help? Here are some valuable ways to make a big difference:
- Volunteer to do landscaping and painting trim for Habitat homes.
- Organize a local penny drive at your school, church, or clubs.
- Make up your own fundraiser (car wash, bake sale, charity formal) and offer the proceeds to your local affiliate.
- Offer your service to your local affiliate office where ever they need help the most – stuffing envelopes, sweeping the floor, counting nails… whatever!
- Collect returnables & recyclables from your neighbourhood and deliver them to the Habitat Kiosk at the local recycling depot.
- Construct mail boxes or tool sheds for families who will be moving into Habitat homes and present them with the items at the dedication ceremony.
- Offer your babysitting services to a homeowner while they are building their home.
- Raise awareness in your school, and community about the work of Habitat for Humanity.
Contact us if you’d like to help!