Interested in working at the ReStore?
Would you like to see a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live? Do you have a flair for organizing, a passion for great customer service and an interest in reusing and recycling? Then our Habitat for Humanity Sunshine Coast Restore Sales Associate opportunity is for you!
Our ReStore sells new and gently-used furniture, renovation and household materials at great prices in a warehouse retail environment. The Habitat for Humanity Sunshine Coast ReStore proceeds support Habitat’s mission of bringing our community together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable home ownership.
Interested in applying?
Come by and drop off your resume and cover letter at our front desk in the ReStore or email us your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Family Services Manager
Reports to: CEO
Status: Part-Time hourly (approximately 20 hours/week) – some weekends and evenings required
The Family Services Manager is responsible for all aspects of family engagement, including attraction, selection and support of all Habitat for Humanity Sunshine Coast current and prospective partner families. The incumbent will be a solution focussed, ‘people person’ with exceptional communication and relationship-building skills. They will also have excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines with a minimum of supervision.
● Lead recruitment campaigns, presentations, events and networking opportunities to attract family applications and support external relationship building with the broader community.
● Ensure all recruitment communication material is current and accessible to potential families.
● Manage all inquiries regarding family applications.
● Provide support, encouragement and counsel to applicants.
● Stay informed of other community services that can support community housing needs.
● Manage and be an active member of the family selection and nurturing committees
○ Liaise with the committee chair(s) to ensure all members are educated on HFHSC principles and policies. This includes providing education materials for the selection committees.
○ Prepare applicant files for the committees.
○ Attend the initial home visits with committee members
○ Provide support and guidance to committee members
● Lead potential families through an educational meeting
● Organize and attend second interviews with families.
● Issue letters of denial and field subsequent calls.
● Present prospective families to the HFHSC Board of Directors.
● Onboard new family homeowners to HFHSC.
● Ensure the selection process is in-line with policy and communication materials.
● Build relationships with homeowners that empower their independence and partnership with HFHSC.
● Collaborate with all departments to ensure a safe environment for families.
● Manage family volunteer hours:
○ Provide opportunities for volunteer hours.
○ Celebrate family success and support them through challenges.
○ Track online volunteer log.
● Mentor families
○ Guide families through the steps into homeownership.
○ Seek educational and community-building opportunities for families.
○ Be available to troubleshoot homeowner and financial issues.
○ Support the development of a healthy community.
● Public Relations:
○ Guide families through HFHSC public relation opportunities and protect the best interest of families.
○ Present the Communications Manager with family media collateral.
○ Coordinate key ceremonies.
● Manage and Present “Invest in Yourself”
○ Seek sponsorship and community partner opportunities.
○ Ensure successful family completion of Invest in Yourself.
● Build Site Liaison
○ Manage communication of deficiencies and repairs.
○ Proactively provide build site updates to future and current families.
○ Schedule and support move-ins.
● Finance and Legal, working with the affiliate Accountant
○ Co-coordinate insurance.
○ Manage mortgage delivery.
○ Educate families on the mortgage process.
○ Manage monthly tenancy and mortgage payments, including annual assessments, temporary payment amendments, and municipal tax collection support and breaches of contract.
○ Represent HFHSC on strata.
○ Be the primary contact person for routine family enquiries and maintenance.
The responsibilities of the role also include:
● Ongoing evaluation of partnership success.
● Network with other community organizations, groups and corporations to support the goals of HFHSC.
● Develop and implement goals, processes, and objectives for the Family Services Department.
● Attend affiliate staff meetings.
● Establish and work within a budget for family events, recognition, and gifts.
● Demonstrating a commitment to acknowledging and diversity in the workplace.
● Participating in fund development opportunities and representing Habitat in the community.
● Attend Habitat Canada webinars and forums and pursue other local and national continuing education opportunities.
● Coordinate families to attend Global Village or specialized build days and or events at respective HFHSC build sites.
● Create monthly reports and statistics for the CEO.
● Liaison with the CEO and Accountant to prepare annual department budgets.
● Ensure all Family Services related documents, both internal and external, stay current and that the department is operating effectively under current policies.
Recycling Volunteer at Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity Sunshine Coast is currently looking for a new volunteer to join our Recycling Team! Interested in applying? Visit the link below!