Our ReStore Policies
Habitat for Humanity Sunshine Coast ReStore will gladly exchange or refund items within 7 days when accompanied by a receipt. Items not in their original state may be subject to a restocking fee of 20%.
A store credit will be issued for all used products returned to the ReStore within seven days.
Unfortunately, due to limited floor space, furniture purchases are not eligible for return or refund. Wherever possible, we provide customers with a sample cushion to take home for the purpose of determining suitability.
All Habitat for Humanity appliances are tested upon arrival and leave the store with a 30 day warranty. If your appliance fails within the first 30 days, we will issue you a store credit that you can apply towards future purchases.
We accept Visa, Mastercard and Debit. A minimum purchase of $5.00 applies to all debit purchases.
Every effort is made to ensure that goods are priced reasonably and competitively. Every purchase made at the ReStore helps to build affordable housing for local families.
Store Credits and Gift Certificates
Store credits are issued in store. Gift Certificates are available upon request. Gift Cards and store credits do not have an expiry date.
Sunshine Coast ReStore staff is happy to hold purchases for up to three (3) hours. Just ask our ReStore staff for a “Sale Pending” tag.
Let Us Help You Help Us
Call us before you begin a renovation project, to verify that the items that you wish to donate are on our list of items we accept. Also, please note that the total value of items donated should not exceed the operational costs of the pick up. If you are in doubt about your donation, email us a photo at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get right back to you!
Picking Up a Purchased Item
Things to remember when purchasing at the ReStore.
- Please come prepared for your pick ups.
- Please bring help to lift heavy items into your vehicle. Our Volunteers may not be able to assist you.
- You are responsible for fasteners to secure your items in place if necessary.
- Ensure your vehicle is suitable for the item(s) being transported.
- Items must be picked up within 2 business days of purchase. After the 2nd day, your item becomes available to be resold unless other arrangements have been made.
- If the item is resold, the original buyer will be provided with a store credit for the value of original purchase minus a 20% restocking fee.
Tax receipts are issued for items sold for over $100.00. If you would like a tax receipt, please let our team know prior to your scheduled pick up or delivery to the ReStore.